Wednesday, February 3, 2010

To The Malaccan Straits.....For Inspiration

More than a week and a half has elapsed since the last (and first) dinner of the project.  I was becoming somewhat alarmed at the lack of suitable night to have the next one as I have been struggling to schedule four days of SCUBA instruction for X and I prior to the arrival of my mother on the 20th of February.  But now I have been thankfully granted some breathing room (excuse the bad SCUBA pun), with my mother having not been able to complete her certification either, so I can simply take the course when I go down to Koh Tao next month with her.  To make a long story short, my next two weekends have just opened up, and the festivities can begin in earnest once more.

But before the next event I have to pop down to Singapore for two days where hopefully I shall gain some inspiration from the amazing food there (a melange of Malay, Chinese, and Indian all rolled into one).  You see, the 14th of February is the first day of the Chinese New Year (2010 will be the Year of the Tiger), and I would like to have a Chinese themed dinner to coincide on that weekend.  So your fearless chef shall dive headlong into the smells and tastes of the Lion City and hopefully bring back inspiration from the Straits of Malacca.  At the very least, I'm gonna get to eat a lot of really good food.  I also intend to spend an entire day in the Singapore Botanical Gardens.  And no doubt a spot of shopping is called for too.  Life is hard, isn't it?  Farewell my fellow diners.  I shall return.

"Singapore Airlines flight SQ 979 to Singapore is now ready for boarding at gate C7.  Passengers kindly proceed directly to the gate for boarding.  Thank you."

1 comment:

  1. ah, to pop down to Singapore. and to scuba dive in Koh Tao. sigh.

    ReplyDelete