Sunday, February 7, 2010

New Cookware and Then Some


OK, so let's all give a big round of applause for me actually having "big boy" real deal professional cookware and this project just "forced" me to do it, so I recently indulged.  First is a 6 quart cast iron and enameled dutch oven from Lodge in the states.  Yes, not a Le Creuset.  But if you'd like to send me a check for the about $250 difference I paid for mine, I'll gladly upgrade.  I just couldn't justify it!  But still love her to death and she's Caribbean blue.  

 

The other ones (drumroll please) were not planned and just happened to fall from the sky.  No really people.  I was hoping I would have enough for a few All Clad pieces if I was lucky.  Instead, when in Singapore I've run into the mother lode of kitchen deals.  A four piece set by those same geniuses in Germany who made my knives:  J.A. Henckels.  I got the whole set for the price I would have paid for ONE of them here in Bangkok.  Whoo-hoo for 70% off!  I'm still salivating over them.  *pause while I do the happy dance*


 

Now let's get something in them.  Got folks coming over in less than 5 hours!


Chefs Blogs

Total Blog Directory
Food Blog Directory

Blog Blog

Home Cooking Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

2 comments:

  1. we have a plain old cast iron dutch oven and it works just fine! (you can expect me to comment profusely. cooking + tales of SE Asia = good stuff in my book. SE Asian cooking? bring it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blue baby is a beauty. i want one!!

    ReplyDelete