Wednesday, March 24, 2010

AFMFL #5 Dinner Report: Mama Mia

Apologies for the very late posting of this entry.  My dearest Mother (known to the world as "Debo") and her husband Harold came to visit Thailand about a month ago and so of course I had to have a dinner while she was in town.  She is after all who taught me most of the kitchen wisdom I've gained and it was the least I could do to feed her a good meal while she was in town.


The meal centered around a gluttonous main dish of two white sea bass stuffed with and on a mountain of crab meat and herbs and spices.  Will have to come back and post the names of the dishes this time later as I don't have the cookbook with me.  It was out of this WORLD.  The fresh fish were cleaned and stuffed and the whole dutch oven went into the oven covered until it came out looking like this.  It was definitely the highlight of the meal.


Also had a wonderful green bean dish and a pan of broccoli au gratin.  I mean, you can't go wrong with a bechamel sauce.  :)


My mother was in charge of this lovely salad that we made a homemade vinaigrette dressing.


This was the meuniere sauce for the fish.  If you've never tried a meuniere, I demand that you run out at once and try it.  I would eat cardboard boxes if I could eat it with this sauce.


Good times by all, and were joined by Craig, Joe and A as well as my perennial helper in the kitchen, my amazing boyfriend X, sporting his new braids...  Thanks for everyone making it a lovely evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment